1. A well designed blog header. It doesn’t have to contain professional designer quality illustrations. However, your header should definitely contain clear and visually appealing images. It should be neat, possess easy to read fonts and include your blog’s name.
2. A stylish background. A background is not mandatory. But if you are going to use one, go with the less is more theory. A clustered background is not an option! Anything distracting or flashing should have no place on your blog. Research has indicated that a dark print on light backgrounds are easier on the eyes and more inviting to your audience.
3. Use consistent color scheme.
4. Blogger profile. This should consist of a picture of the blogger and a short introduction to your site. 3 to 5 sentences is plenty.
5. Pages and Categories. These are tabs, icons, image/thumbnail links that allow users to navigate to other relative content on your site. For example, your real estate pages may consist of: – Sponsor Information including blog statistics, ad space sizes, prices, and inclusions. – Contact Information – Contributions and awards
* You should always include a Home page! This will allow users to get back to your main page no matter where they are on your blog.
Your category icons can consist of:
– Real estate tips
6. Social Media links. Links will allow users to connect and follow you via your social media profiles. It is best if they can do this through new windows. This function makes a blog user friendly.
Not sure how to make your links open in new windows? Check out Blogging Resources, Tools, Widgets, HTML, etc. you should check out!
7. An archive of related posts. Want to keep your viewers on your page longer? This is one simple way to do it! If they like your current post, they will be more apt to read something similar if there is a link jumping off the page just waiting to be clicked on. The best place for related posts to be displayed is directly under your posting area.
8. A list of popular posts. These are your most viewed and clicked on content. They were viewed most for a reason so why not display them proudly? This type of material is what the audience appears to like the most, so give the people what they want.
9. Add sign up forms. The more places where readers can subscribe to your blog, the better. Add forms to the sign up page, the About page, or even at the bottom of every post.
10. Attractive headlines. Headline writing isn’t easy.But this is a critical aspect to catching the audience’s attention. The best content in the world won’t be read if the opening headline doesn’t pique the reader’s interest. Spend a little extra time to make sure each blog post has a strong headline.
There you have it. 10 things your real estate blog should have.